Punctuation (Based on Exercise)
mr steward looked embarrassed i m afraid i m not at liberty to tell you that he said however i assure you the organization is of international scope (FB-11)
Solution: Mr.Steward looked embarrassed. “I’m afraid I’m not at liberty to tell you that,” he said. “However, I assure you, the organization is of international scope.”
Punctuation (IMPORTANT & BASED ON PAST PAPERS)
- he removed his hat as norma opened the door mrs lewis he inquired politely yes i m steward
Solution: He removed his hat as Norma opened the door. “Mrs. Lewis?” he inquired politely. “Yes?” “I’m Mr. Steward.”
- oh yes norma repressed a smile she was sure now it was a sales pitch may i come in asked mr steward (BP-9)
Solution: “Oh, Yes.” Norma repressed a smile. She was sure now it was a sales pitch. “May 1 come in?” asked Mr. Steward.
- it could prove very valuable he told her monetarily she challenged
Solution:“It could prove very valuable,” he told her. “Monetarily?” she challenged.
- mr steward shook his head i m not arthur looked at norma up to you she said
Solution: Mr. Steward shook his head. “I’m not.” Arthur looked at Norma. “Up to you,” she said.
- he set the envelope on the chairside table the bell is connected to our office (BP-16)
Solution: He set the envelope on the chairside table. “The bell is connected to our office.”
- if you push the button mr steward told him somewhere in the world someone you don’t know will die in return for which you will receive a payment of $50,000 (DG-8)
Solution:“If you push the button,” Mr. Steward told him, “somewhere in the world someone you don’t know will die. In return for which you will receive a payment of $50,000.”
- is this a practical joke asked arthur not at all the offer is completely genuine you arent making sense arthur said (DG-14)
Solution: “Is this a practical joke?” asked Arthur. “Not at all. The offer is completely genuine.” “You aren’t making sense,” Arthur said.
- after arthur had returned to his book norma went back to the kitchen and finished washing the dishes why wont you talk about it norma asked (FB-11)
Solution: After Arthur returned to his book, Norma went went back to the kitchen and finished washing the dishes. “Why wont’t you talk about it?” Norma asked.
- just before five she dialed the number good afternoon said mr steward s voice
Solution: Just before five, she dialed the number. “Good afternoon,” said Mr. Steward’s voice.
- not that i believe a word of what you told us oh it s quite authentic mr steward answered
Solution:“Not that I believe a word of what you told us.” “Oh, it’s quite authentic,” Mr. Steward answered.
- this is mrs lewis she said yes mrs lewis mr steward sounded pleased im curius thats natural mr steward said not that i believe a word of what you told us
Solution: “This is Mrs. Lewis,” she said. “Yes, Mrs. Lewis,” Mr: Steward sounded pleased. “I’m curious.” “That’s natural, “Mr. Steward said. “ Not that I believe a word of what you told us.”
- well whatever norma swallowed when you said someone in the world would die what did you mean (SG-12)
Solution:“Well, whatever—” Norma swallowed. “When you said someone in the world would die, what did you mean?”
- nonetheless that is the proposition mr steward said would you like me to return the button unit. (BP-15)
Solution: “Nonetheless, that is the proposition,” Mr. Steward said. “Would you like me to return the button unit?”
- the point is norma broke in if its someone youve never seen in your life and never will see someone whose death you dont even want to know about you still wouldn t push the button (GW-16)
Solution: “The point is,” Norma broke in, “if it’s someone you’ve never seen in your life and never will see, someone whose death you don’t even want to know about you, still wouldn’t push the button?”
- i m not involved at all she drew in a shaking breath i m simply trying to indicate that what
Solution: “I’m not involved at all.” She drew in a shaking breath. “I’m simply trying to indicate that—.” “What?”
- fifty thousand dollars arthur norma interrupted a chance to take that trip to europ weve always talked about (SG-6)
Solution: “Fifty thousand dollars, Arthur,” Norma interrupted. “A chance to take that trip to Europe we’ve always talked about.”
- norma no his face was white she shuddered all right take it easy she said why are you getting so supset its only talk (DG-16)
Solution: “Norma, no.” His face was white. She shuddered. “All right, take it easy,”she said. “Why are you getting so upset? It’s only talk.”
- good he said im glad you did she refilled his cup wanted to show you im not she shrugged (FB-12)
Solution: “Good,” he said. “I’m glad you did. She refilled his cup. “Wanted to show you I’m not-,” she shrugged.
- mrs lewis yes this is the lenox hill hospital (FB-16)
Solution:“Mrs. Lewis?” “Yes?” “This is the Lenox Hill Hospital.”
- she whirled with a gasp as the telephone rang stumbling into the living room she picked up the receiver mrs lewis mr steward asked
Solution: She whirled with a gasp as the telephone rang. Stumbling into the living room, she picked up the receiver. “Mrs. Lewis?” Mr. Steward asked.
- my dear lady mr steward said you really think you knew your husband (FB-15)
Solution: “My dear lady,” Mr. Steward said. “Do you really think you knew your husband?”